St Thomas More Catholic Primary School embraces the mission of the Church by welcoming the enrolment of all students and families who share their vision and educational philosophy. Inspired and governed by the message and person of Jesus Christ, and committed to the physical, intellectual, social and spiritual development of each person. St Thomas More Catholic Primary School provides Catholic education of the highest quality for its students.
Application for enrolment is made by contacting the school office from the February of the year prior to the student starting school. The office staff will arrange a booking for an information session for the applicant with the principal. During this session prospective families can enjoy a tour of the school and will be presented with information packs about the school and enrolment process.
Immunisation History Statements
When enrolling a child in primary school, parents must provide the child’s Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register. This shows whether a child has been immunised against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough and haemophilus influenza type B.
Failure to provide the Immunisation History Statement could delay your child’s enrolment to St. Thomas More Catholic Primary School.
Only children who will be five, on or before April 30th of the year they enter Foundation can be accepted.
Enrolments will be allocated in the following order of priority:
- Siblings of children already enrolled in the school will be given priority
- Baptised children who are resident in the St Thomas More School parish.
- Baptised children who do not reside in the parish but are recognised as parishioners by the governing authority.
- Baptised children of Catholic families from parishes that do not have a Catholic school.
- Baptised children of Catholic families from other parishes (for pastoral reasons).
- Children not baptised from families in the parish with one parent who is baptised Catholic
- Baptised children of Christian families who reside in the parish.
- Baptised children of Christian families who reside outside the parish.
- Children from a faith background other than Christian or other pastoral considerations
Transfer of enrolments- When children are transferring from another school a transfer form is required. Copies of reports and record cards would also be appreciated to help the teacher assess the child and help the child settle in to school life. When the child is transferring to another school, parents will be issued with a transfer notice to be taken with them. Parents will also be asked to complete a ‘Continuity of Care’ transition form for their child’s new school.
Please see here for a copy of our current Information Book.